Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Jayanti 2022
B.R. Ambedkar, better known as Baba Sahib Ambedkar, was an economist, politician and social reformer who fought for the rights of the Dalit community who were considered untouchables at the time (he is still untouchable in some parts of the country). Are considered. Ambedkar, a leading architect of the Constitution of India, also advocated for women’s rights and workers’ rights.
Recognized as the first Minister of Law and Justice of independent India, Ambedkar’s contribution to the formation of the whole concept of the Republic of India was immense. To honor his contribution and service to the country, his birthday is celebrated on April 14 every year.
Drag the slider and make your voice heard.
Drag the slider and make your voice heard.
Exceeded the limit of votes from one IP.
When Is Ambedkar Jayanti 2022 Celebrated?
Thursday,14 April 2022
A brief history of Ambedkar and his contributions
Ambedkar was a brilliant student and practitioner of law and economics. He holds a doctorate in economics from both Columbia University and the London School of Economics. He used his strong grip on economics to liberate the Indian state from archaic beliefs and ideas. He opposed the idea of separate voters for the untouchables and advocated for equal rights for all.
He established the Bahishkrit Hitakarini Sabha to promote education among the “social outcastes” which consisted of non-Brahmin classes of people. He introduced five periodicals—Mooknayak, Bahishkrit Bharat, Samta, Janata, and Prabuddha Bharat to write more about the deprived classes.
He fiercely opposed a separate electorate for the backward class of people as suggested by the British. Following long discussions, a pact was signed between Ambedkar on behalf of the backward classes and Congress activist Madan Mohan Malaviya on behalf of the other Hindu communities. This pact, known as the Poona Pact, allowed the deprived class of people to receive 148 seats in the legislature as opposed to 71 seats as suggested by the British Government. This deprived class was later recognised as “Scheduled Caste” and “Scheduled Tribe” in the Indian
After gaining independence from British rule, Ambedkar was invited to become the first Minister of Law and Justice, which he accepted. He was later commissioned to draft the first constitution of India, which he compelled, and thus the Constitution of India came into being.
How Ambedkar Jayanti is celebrated
Baba Sahib Ambedkar’s birthday is celebrated all over the country, especially among the women, dalits, adivasis, laborers and all other communities for which Ambedkar fought. Ambedkar’s statues and paintings are remembered with garlands as people pay homage to the social reformer. Even the United Nations celebrated Ambedkar’s birth anniversary in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Cultural programs and discussions related to Ambedkar’s life are common these days.
Ambedkar’s philosophy is still relevant today. Without the active role of Baba Sahib in shaping the socio-cultural system of India, it would have been almost impossible to make any progress beyond the old and archaic beliefs and for the world’s largest democracy.
Why Is Ambedkar Jayanti Celebrated?
India celebrates Dr. BR Ambedkar’s birthday to commemorate his significant contribution to the cause of the Indian poor. He was the mastermind behind the Indian Constitution. In 1923, the Excommunicated Benefactors’ Association was formed by them to expand the need for education and to increase the financial position of the low-income group.A social movement aimed at eradicating racism in the country. He started social movements such as the anti-priest movement, temple entry movement, anti-caste movement, etc.
In 1930, he led the temple entry movement in Nashik for human rights. According to him, the problems of the oppressed are not completely solved by political force. The oppressed should be given equal rights in society. In 1942, he was a member of Victoria’s Executive Council. During his tenure, he fought for the protection of the rights of the lower classes. He was a social reformer and economist all his life.
Which birthday of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar are we celebrating this year (2022)
Ambedkar Jayanti 2022 Date: The year 2022 marks his 131th birthday. The annual celebration will happen April 14, a Thursday.
Significant Contributions Of Dr. B R Ambedkar
- The contribution of Dr B R Ambedkar has been significant. He fought to protect the rights of the Dalit community by organizing many programs. Notable events include the equality public, the silent hero, etc.
- On 15 August 1947, he was invited by the Congress government to become the first law minister when the country was freed from British administration. He was deputed as the Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee on 29 August 1947.
- He prepared a new constitution for the country. The new constitution was adopted by the Constituent Assembly on 26 November 1949.
- His contributions have been enormous in establishing the Central Bank of India, which is the Reserve Bank of India, as he was an economist. He authored three books: “The Problem of the Rupee: Its Origin and its Solution,” “Administration and Finance of East India Company,” and “The Evolution of Provincial Finance in British India.”
- Since he was an economist, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar played an important role in understanding the Indian economy.
- People were inspired by him for the development of the agricultural sector and industrial activities. He also inspired people for better education and community health.
- The Dalit Buddhist Movement was inspired by him.