May 30 is 150th day of year (151st in leap years) in Gregorian Calendar. 215 days remain until the highest of year.
Do you want to know about 30 May in Indian history or May 30 special days in India. Searching for information about special occasion of 30 May in India? If yes, try below. On this special occasion, on 30 May, falls the birthdays and death anniversaries of many well known people of India. You’d also see about events that happened that make it to the list of special occasion in India.
Famous people that have birthdays on this day in History on 30 May
- 30 May, 1947: V. Narayanasamy, Indian politician serving as the 10th and current Chief Minister of Union Territory of Puducherry. He is a member of Indian National Congress Party. He previously served as Member of Parliament, representing Puducherry in Lok Sabha.
- 30 May, 1955: Paresh Rawal, Indian film actor, comedian, and politician known for his works in bollywood. He has appeared in over 240 films. In 1994, he won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performances in film Woh Chokri and Sir.
- 30 May, 1987: Allu Sirish, Indian film actor who works in Telugu film industry.
- 30 May, 1903: Gopi Krishna, who was a yogi, mystic, teacher, social reformer and writer. He died on 31 July, 1984. He spent his early years in Srinagar, and later lived in Lahore, in the Punjab of British India.
- 30 May, 1921: Suresh Joshi was an Indian Novelist, short-story writer, literacy critic, poet, translator, editor and academic in Gujarati Language. He died on 6 Sept, 1986.
Famous people that have death anniversary on this day in history on 30 May
- 30 May, 1606: Guru Arjan Dev was the first of two gurus martyred in the Sikh faith and the fifth of 10 total sikh guru. He compiled the first official edition of Sikh scripture called the Adi Granth, which later expanded into Guru Granth Sahib.
- 30 May, 1989: Sant Darshan Singh, was the founder and head of Sawan Kirpal Ruhani Mission. It provides a forum for people to learn meditation, experience personal transformation and bring about inner and outer peace.
- 30 May, 2010: Bal Ram Nanda was a writer from New Delhi, India. He was the preeminent Indian biographer of Mahatma Gandhi.
- 30 May, 2013: Rituparno Ghosh was an Indian film director, actor, writer and lyricist.
Events that took place on this day in history
30 May, 2012
Vishawanathan Anand wins his 5th world class championship. He became the primary grandmaster from India in 1988.
30 May, 2019
Narendra Modi sworn sure a second term as Indian Prime Minister in capital of India with 8,000 guests at largest-ever gathering at the Presidential Palace.
30 May, 1987
Goa was declared as 25th state of India on this day. Previously, it was absolutely a part of Union territory of Goa, Daman and Diu from 19 Dec 1961 to 30 May 1987.
So, history isn’t created in a very day! But, on a daily basis can bring a lots of changes in history.
It is generally said that one shouldn’t forget his or her roots. From where he has come and where he wants to go in future, everyone should remember this. Studying history helps us understand how events in the past made things the way they are today.
History is very important for everyone to know about. With lessons from the past, we not only learn about ourselves and how we came to be, but also develop the ability to avoid mistakes.
So, study history!