Do you want to know about what special happened in history on 17 June?
If yes, then you are at a correct place to know about it. Here, you will know about what events took place on this day in Indian History. On this special day in history, falls many birthdays and death anniversaries of very well known people of India. You would also find here about events that happened that make it to the list of special day in history.
Famous people that have birthdays on this day in history.
- 17 June, 1942: Bhagat Singh Koshyari, member of Bhartiya Janta Party, from Uttarakhand serving as the Governor of Maharashtra. He is 22nd Governor of Maharashtra. He founded various schools in Uttarakhand.
- 17 June, 1944: T.P. Sreenivasan, former Indian diplomat and is the head of the council for Higher education of state of Kerela. He has served in Indian foreign service for 37 years.
- 17 June, 1958: K.M. Joseph, Judge of Supreme Court of India. He is former chief justice of Uttarakhand High Court. He had also served as a judge of Kerela high court for more than 9 years.
- 17 June, 1964: Dhrubajyoti Phukan, National film award winning musician who has worked as a music producer. He has worked as a music produer, music arranger and music programmer in hindi films.
- 17 June, 1887: Kailash Nath Katju, was a prominent politician of India. He was the Governor of Orissa and West Bengal, the chief minister of M.P., Union home minister and Union defence minister.
Famous people that have death anniversaries on this day in history
- 17 June, 1674: Jijabai, was the mother of Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj, founder of the Maratha empire. She was the daughter of Lakhujirao Jadhav of Sindkhed Raja.
- 17 June, 1946: Chilakamarthi Lakshmi Narasimbham, was an Indian playwright, novelist and author of short stories, who wrote in Telugu language. His best known plays are probably Ganapati and Gayopakhyanam.
- 17 June, 1957: Ogirala Ramachandra rao, was an Indian film actor, music director and multi instrumentalist in telugu cinema. He was born on 10 Sept. 1905 at Vijayawada.
Events that took place on this day in history on 17 June.
17 June, 1631
Mumtaz Mahal died during childbirth. Her husband, Mughal emperor Shah Jahan I, then spent more than 20 years building her tomb, Taj Mahal.
17 June, 1988
Microsoft released MS DOS 4.0.
17 June, 2018
"The Incredibles 2" set a box office record for an animated release, earning $180 million its opening weekend.
Last, but not least, World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is observed on 17 June to raise awareness of the presence of desertification and drought, highlighting methods of preventing desertification and recovering from drought.